|White Chili Recipe is a unique, easy and fun to make recipe. It will make your mouth water, your ears pop and your body temperature rise. This recipe is sure to please friends and family when you serve it at your next party or gathering.
1. Combine beans, chicken broth, garlic and half the onions in a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until beans are very soft, 3 hours or more. Add additional water (or watered-down broth), if necessary.
2. In a skillet, sauté remaining onions in oil until tender. Add chilies and seasonings and mix thoroughly. Add to bean mixture. Add chicken and continue to simmer 1 hour. Check seasoning, add jalapeno or serrano to level of desired hotness.
3. Serve topped with grated cheese. Garnish with cilantro, chopped fresh tomato, salsa, chopped scallions, and/or guacamole. Serve with fresh warmed flour tortillas or tortilla chips.
- 1 lb large white beans, soaked overnight in water, drained
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped (divided)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chilies
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, chopped (optional)
Buy The Hot Sauce Bible Book Now!