The Green Demon Recipe
|The Green Demon Recipe is a unique, easy and fun to make recipe. It will make your mouth water, your ears pop and your body temperature rise. This recipe is sure to please friends and family when you serve it at your next party or gathering.
Ingredients1 Large bulb of Garlic (Minced)
1 Medium White Onion (Minced)
10-15 Serrano Peppers
5 Large Jalapeno Peppers
1 Poblano Pepper
1/2 Tsp. of Salt
2 Tbsp. of Black Pepper
10 Tbsp. of Red Pepper Falkes
5 Tsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Cups of Water
1/2 Cup of White Vinegar
1) In medium sauce pan combine onion, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and olive oil.
2) Mix well to coat all in the oil.
3) Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4) Add the chopped peppers with seeds after 5 minutes and saute for 10 additional minutes.
5) Next add the water and increase the heat to high and boil for 30 minutes.
6) Remove from heat after the 30 minutes of boiling and allow to cool, the product should be cool enough not to burn skin but still have some latent heat.
7) Place mixture in a large blender and begin pureeing when mixture in well blended slowly add the vinegar and blend for 5 minutes.
8) Once the mixture is fully blended place in clean sterile mason jars and allow to cool to room temperature prior to refrigeration.
This recipe will yield around a quart of sauce.
Recipe submitted by Alex Miller
Here are some hot sauce and food web sites that might be of interest when you are ready to bottle, package and preserve your hot sauces.